Monday, January 7, 2013

The Wolves truth




I felt the heat of his breath move across the top of my
hand; his lips then caressed my hand, and bore down a single kiss.
“I could kiss your hand forever, if you allow it so.” He
said as he raised his eyes to meet mine. I didn’t know what to say to him, so I
nodded to him. This all seemed so strange, his manors, his demeanor were so far
off from what I had known from the typical man. He was strange, as if his
childlike innocence had not been taken from him. But he was a grown man, his
dark hair perfectly cut and slicked back from his chiseled chin, I thought of
him as a prince, from a far off time, his perfect features, his manors, he was
something beyond chivalrous.
“It’s the beautiful
men that become the beasts.”
Something inside me screamed as I looked on to
him. He looked to me, his eyes curious. He lowered his face once more to my
hand. “You must help me.” He said as his lips touched my skin. Before I could
say anything or understand, I felt my eyes drop. Darkness surrounded me.
I felt heat on my skin, I soon began to see red, I was looking
beneath my eye lids my veins began to pound with dark red. I inhaled nothing
but dry heat. I coughed as I realized the dryness in my throat. My fingers
moved slowly around me, I felt hard edges of something soft between my fingertips.
I pushed my eye lids back; I was greeted by the harsh sunlight. The warmth over
took me as I focused on my fingers. I was holding golden sand in my hand; it
sparkled so magnificently, the sand was rich in sparkles, as if someone had
spilled glitter all around me. My eyes
trailed up my arms, finding more glitter littering my skin, I was glowing in
the sunlight. But it was not only the
glitter that made me glow it was a bright white sheer that made me glow in the warm
sun. How had I gotten here? I must be
dreaming. I remember his lips on my
skin, the thought made my skin crawl, something wasn’t right, and all signs
pointed to him. How was I supposed to help him if I could not wake up? I felt
eh warmth of the sun all around me; I could not help but to close my eyes
again.
I opened my eyes again, but not by choice. I felt the cold
along my legs; I felt the cold taking a hold of me. As I looked to my thighs, I was greeted by a
darkened shadow, the shadow of a black wolf. The eyes steamed into my skin as I
looked to it. I heard distant horns calling to it, I could see hesitation in
the wolf’s eyes, and then the wolf howled. The howl rumbled my chest, as if I
was empty, my heart no longer inside me; my lungs began to shake, and pull
against my chest as I tried to breathe in. I moved to my knees, looking to the monstrous
creature, looking to the sky, belting out a warrior’s cry. Another call came
louder after the wolf. Whatever was coming, I didn’t want to face. I stood from the sand, and turned as another
howl rippled through my chest. I did not turn to see if the wolf was following,
and I didn’t need to. Dust began to fly
beneath my feet.
The dress I was now wearing made it incredibly difficult to run;
the tight sheer that surrounded my thighs was suffocating my run. I had to rip this off. As the landscape
whipped by me in thunders, My eyes met the first sight of a rocky terrain. I
spotted a dense cliff and boulder that seemed to kiss ever so slightly, I knew it was my chance to alter the outcome of
the chase that led behind me. As I
picked up my pace, I felt a sudden rush of air hit the dress. And arrow caught the white sheer and pulled
it downward, ripping the back of the dress. The arrow hit the sand along with
my dress. I pulled against the arrow, then turned to pull my dress free,
spotting the group that now hunt me.
The thick, armor of the group shined in the sun, and yet it
was not the men that caught my eye, it was the wolves that surround and protect
them. Their thick black fur standing at ends, looking to me with deep yellow
stares.
I pulled my dress
free from the arrow, leaving small traces of the sheer beneath the silver arrow
tip. I turned once more to run; as I did my legs felt more free from the dress,
little did they know, they helped me run faster. I felt the air buckle around
me again; I heard the whistle of arrows above me. I picked up my pace. The sand
turning slightly rougher between my toes, I was fifty feet from the rocks. I
felt the terrain change beneath my feet; I felt the rough edges of tiny rocks
dig into my skin. I could feel the liquid
warmth begin to surface on my feet as I ran on. I heard another whistle of an
arrow from behind me, this time I could not out run it. It struck the back of
my leg, an instant pain surfaced as I fell to the ground. It was then when I realized, this was not a
dream. The rough rocks indented my skin
as I fell. But I had no time to spare. I reached to the arrow and yanked it
from my leg, a scream belted out from my lips. I stood slowly, feeling the warmth
drip down my leg. Pain flushed over me, but I could not give into the pain. I
gripped the arrow tight and began to jog to the rocks once again. Twenty more feet, fifteen, ten. Arrows rein
from above me, five feet. And arrow
grazed my dress again, pulling it apart beneath the silver shine. I ducked into
the rocks. I found darkness, and cold in
the rocks, but I found protection as I went further into the boulders. As soon as I knew I could stop, just for one brief
moment. I leaned against a cold boulder.
I crouched down in the shadows. I heard steps coming closer. I took the arrow
in my right hand and prepared myself for a fight. My breath slowed as my heart
began to pound against my lungs. Pain surfaced as adrenaline flooded me. The sounds grew stronger, then soon my eyes
met the shadows of those passing above me, the warriors ran above the rocks,
looking between the boulders, searching.
The sounds faded. The grip on my
arrow loosened and I lean against the rock, heart slowing. I breathed out and closed my eye in relief.
As I opened my eyes,
I caught the stare of a warrior’s wolf; his dark fur standing on end, his
yellow eyes intense on my movements. Adrenaline began to pound in my chest; I knew
then that I was caught. The wolf stepped closer, I felt the warm breath near my chest, I
flinched as he lowered his head. But he did not bite, nor did he attack. I felt
eh wolf’s warm breath on my wounded leg; I closed my eyes in fear, my heart
pounding in my chest. But I did not feel
his bite, and he did not attack. He simply
licked the wound, which made my body twitch and twinge; I opened my eyes, and pulled
away from the wolf. The wolf stepped
away, looking to me. I looked to him, and I saw something strangely beautiful,
strangely human, something more beautiful than a beast. The wolf walked away,
his darkened fur flowing silently behind him.
I collapsed on the cold
ground. With the arrow still in hand, I gripped the sheer dress, and ripped the
sides from my thighs downward. I ripped a piece from the dress, and wrapped it
around the bloodied wound. Pain surfaced as I tightened the makeshift bandage. It sent my body shivering. I lay my head on the
cold ground, and waited, waited hours before I moved again.

0 comments: